Want to work for ThinkFun? We're always interested in hearing from new talent! Current job openings are listed below, but if you have other skills to offer us, you can send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To apply for the specific job(s) listed, please address your resume and cover letter to the contact listed below the job description.
CURRENT OPENINGS (as of 11/20/14)
Title: Jr. Digital Producer
Reports to: Director, Creative / Product Development
Department: Creative / Product Development
Employment Type: This is a full-time in-house position
(freelancers/contractors need not apply)
- Experience Required:
- Website development
- Strong knowledge of website Content Management Systems
(Drupal experience preferred)
- 1-2 years working in an office environment
- Minimal Experience Required:
- Shooting and editing photography (experience with consumer product and human interest/lifestyle photography preferred)
- Shooting and editing videos
- Minimal Experience Preferred:
- Project management
- Video post-production
- Optimizing lighting for photography and video
- Website development & coding: 35%
- Updating content on ThinkFun’s websites & social media: 35%
- Photography & video: 20%
- Project Management: 10%
NOTE: This is not a graphic design position.
The individual will report to the Creative / Product Development Director and will work closely with ThinkFun’s Strategy & Brand Development position as well as the Marketing team (both in-house and outside consultants). The individual will build new web pages and alter existing pages. The individual will shoot photos and video for marketing purposes and will publish digital content to various ThinkFun websites, social media, PR, publicity and other digital corporate objectives. The individual will also be responsible for recommending and helping to implement improvements to ThinkFun’s websites as well as performing routine updates.
- Make routine website updates:
- Build new web pages on ThinkFun’s various websites
- Alter existing web pages
- Publish ads and content to ThinkFun’s websites and social media
- Update product photography, instructions PDFs, logos, etc.
- Add new products to ThinkFun’s ecommerce and content management systems (following an existing process)
- Update ThinkFun.com home page features:
- Featured Product
- What Friends are Saying
- ThinkFun in the News
- Execute photography and video projects (as assigned).
Photo/video projects include but are not limited to:
- Product – Sneak-Peak (in-formal) Demo Videos
- Product – How to Play (formal) Videos
- Documentation of corporate events (such as trade shows, office events, conferences & festivals)
- Posting videos to ThinkFun’s YouTube channel
- Storyboard, negotiate price/contracts and manage projects with outside photography & video resources (as needed).
- Still Photography Shooting & Retouching
- Product – Catalog Spill Shots
- Product – Promotional Glamour Shots
- Product in Play – Promotional Lifestyle & Human Interest Shots
- Other misc. creative photography for corporate posters, marketing materials, documentation of corporate events.
- Manage projects for specific web initiatives (as assigned).
- Manage projects for photo and video shoots (as assigned).
- Participate in PD activities –Be part of the Product Development team; help with and contribute to the creative activities of the department. Including brainstorming, play testing, and troubleshooting as needed.
To join the Creative/Product Development department, send your resume and cover letter to Katie LaSeur at klaseur (a) thinkfun.com.